Why Your Business Should Be Dementia Friendly
The Dementia Friendly Redcar and Cleveland project aims to ensure that people living with dementia can remain active and include members of their communities. In order to achieve this, it is vital that businesses and other organisations are accessible to their customers who are living with dementia. We are therefore looking for businesses and organisations to take a number of easy, low cost steps that will help them respond to the needs of their customers living with dementia and make their services more accessible.
We ask businesses to consider the six step approach:
1. Senior staff to sign up
2. How will you listen to what people living with dementia and carers think is important?
3. How will you increase awareness about dementia amongst appropriate personnel?
4. How do you make the physical environment more accessible?
5. How do you make your literature more accessible?
6. Anything else you would like to do.
The project fully supports businesses in the application process and can access dementia friends awareness sessions for staff . The project involvement is completely free of any charge .
Visit the Dementia Friendly Redcar Cleveland website for more information.